Pages

Search This Blog

29 November 2010

The Discrete Relationship 10: Giving Up

I am not going to make this post about my relationship with "Blue," who you haven't heard about in sometime because I think that Blue and I are really done. It is very difficult to make something work when you are that far apart and when you know that when one comes home, they will be leaving again for two years.

Beat that bitch and I promise it will not move.

What I want to make this post about is our consistency as men in relationships. In my very narrow view, I believe, that 70 percent of what keeps heterosexual relationships together is the determination of the WOMAN to make the relationship work. I believe that most men, MOST, do not work as hard to keep relationships together and they will not compromise as much as a woman will to make something work. All of my uncles, except two (I have six total) have been or is divorced and they were the ones who decided to end the relationship. Of my male friends, most have not been dumped because they were the ones who initiated the breaking up process.

In comparison, all of my aunts and cousins who are 'aunts' (long story, we're country) are all married to their husbands. And, we know that as children, for most of us, we are closer to our mother's side of the family moreso than our dads because sisters ultimately are the ones who talk all the time, the ones who keep each others kids, etc. forming a stronger bond. So, I've heard the stories of what they've done or taken or experienced to try and make their relationships work and last. And, I've heard the complaints my uncles have made about their former marriages (and current for some who are remarried) and how they were quick to end the relationship.

SO, the question becomes, if men ARE less likely to make something work if they are unhappy, or unsatisfied, or what have you, are we as men who have sex with, have relationships with, and who are in love with other men ever experience long-lasting relationships?

(I stopped typing and sighed just now.)

And, if we do want that type of relationship HOW DO YOU MAKE IT WORK? HOW DO YOU MAKE A RELATIONSHIP WITH TWO MEN WHO ARE ULTIMATELY EGOTISTICAL, MASCULINE, OVER-BEARING, I AM THE HEAD, HEAR ME ROAR, WORK?


Well...

Oh, I guess you THOUGHT I had the answer. I don't. My longest relationship with a female was 8 months and my longest relationship with a guy was 2, so please don't look to me for the answers. I just have the questions.

Drop me a line and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment